Real estate fraud: Keeping up the fight
Join Nadia Dalimonte, Manager, TitlePLUS Claims and Counsel, as she reviews various types of fraud, and provides tips and resources to help you avoid them.
This program is eligible for 30 minutes Professionalism (applicable to the Law Society of Ontario’s CPD hours), and is approved for the LAWPRO Risk Management Credit.
Here are links to the resources mentioned in the presentation:
- Fighting Real Estate Fraud, Law Society of Ontario
- Fraud prevention, practicePRO
- Fraud warnings, AvoidAClaim.com blog
- Fraud Fact sheet, Real Estate, practicePRO
- Fraud Fact sheet, Cybercrime and bad cheque scams, practicePRO
- Real Estate Malpractice Claims fact sheet
- Free license number search, Ministry of Transportation website
- Law Society of Ontario, Rules of Professional Conduct, Rule 3.2-7
- Law Society of Ontario, Rules of Professional Conduct, Rules 6.1-5 and 6.1-6
- Working Group on Lawyers and Real Estate website
- “When the unthinkable happens,” LAWPRO Magazine
- Teraview Electronic Registration Procedures Guide