2018 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide
As software evolves and hardware ages both physically and in its ability to handle the new software, the most current information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, legal software, printers, security products, smartphones, tablets, and more is a must-have. The 2018 edition of the popular Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide is more condensed and focused than prior editions, concentrating on the core technologies of the law office.
The only book of its kind that helps solo and small firm lawyers find the best technology available that meets their practice needs and their budget. Written in clear, easily understandable language to make implementation easier if you choose to do it yourself, or in conjunction with your IT consultant. Either way, you’ll learn how to make technology work for you. Topics include:
- Updated recommendations on hardware and software for PCs, and Macs and tablets
- Guidance for billing software to ensure continued sustainability
- Securing your data (even from our own government)
- Guidance for choosing and securing today’s smartphones
- The rise of cryptocurrencies and what they mean to the practice of law
- Rules for safe computing on the road and abroad
- The direction of legal technology in 2018
practicePRO Lending Library
The practicePRO Lending Library is located in our office at 250 Yonge Street, Suite 3101 in Toronto and can be visited during our regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm), or email [email protected] with the name of the book, your name, LSUC number and your mailing address (only lawyers called to the bar in Ontario can take out these books). We will ship the book to you via courier at no charge, and it will be your responsibility to ship it back to us at your cost within three weeks.